I have a P4 2.8GHz on an Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard,GeForce 5900 graphics with 1Gb ram. Been working fine for 9 months since I built it.For the last couple of weeks however when I switch on first thing in the morning the Asus post reporter chips in telling me the system has failed (cpu hot).If I simply switch off and on again it boots normally and will run for as long as I like..no crashes or any other problems,games all run ok,everything runs ok.The system will reboot and is fine if switched off for a short period. I know that Asus have an automatic recovery built into the bios to reset the system if its overclocked too much,but mine is not overclocked. Could this be a battery problem?
I have emailed Asus but have been waiting and waiting for a reply.......So, any ideas anyone?
It could be the battery, the trouble is you've probably no idea how long the battery was in stock before being placed in the mobo. Why not replace it, its only pennies and I think that would be my first reaction.