PC won't boot after Ghost backup

Mavisk 13:39 26 Apr 2005

Hi I am having problems getting my PC to boot after
I decided to create a more recent backup using ghost,

My drive is partioned so I backed up the C drive(XP and progs) onto my f drive which contains all my data, replacing the previous ghost
image,something I've done many times before without a problem.

It went through the usual checks and rebooted,it then said the process had failed and to click retry, or return to
windows,and if I did nothing it would return to windows in 20 seconds. No matter what I click on, or nothing at all
the PC just hangs and I have to turn off the PC manually,It then goes back to the same loop I've already described.

I tried using my ghost boot disk,to reload my previous image from my F drive but it loads the floppy then locks up on the ghost splash screen,forcing me to reboot.

I tried using the xp disc and the recovery console,when it comes to the part to click on the drive with your OS on
its only showing the F drive which only has my data on, not XP, as if it can't see my C drive.

Does anyone out there have any ideas of anything I can try to get the PC to start,as I have loads of progs and games configured,I don't want to lose.Or am I doomed.

I have the XP CD Disc and a win XP start up floppy disc.

In the worst case scenario what is the procedure for reinstalling XP over itself so I don't lose any progs or settings etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mavisk 21:08 26 Apr 2005

Help!! Anybody?

g40 21:27 26 Apr 2005

Can you perhaps boot your PC onto the above named conditions?

Mavisk 21:39 26 Apr 2005

Thanks for the reply
Can't get safe mode
The only place I can get to is the bios
And if I boot from the cd rom it doesn't give me
the option to do a repair or a repair install over
the top.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017