PC Won't Boot

Dazed&Confused 22:53 08 Dec 2008

Please look at the link below

click here. php/t-59814.html

basically i have the same problem as the first guy but none of what anyone says actually works

i cant load windows xp, i cant get on safe mode, it wont boot and i cant load from the xp disc

ideas?! help?!

MCE2K5 23:36 08 Dec 2008

"Can you get into your DELL BIOS and tell it to Boot CD First Then HDD-1 to boot second? THat should boot up the WIndows XP CD FIRST and allow you to reformant your current hard drive and reinstall windows!":

Substitute Can you get into your DELL BIOS and tell it to Boot CD First Then HDD-1 to boot second? THat should boot up the WIndows XP CD FIRST and allow you to reformant your current hard drive and reinstall windows!

(Substitute your make of PC BIOS for DELL BIOS).

MCE2K5 23:37 08 Dec 2008

Did you try this bit,

"Can you get into your DELL BIOS and tell it to Boot CD First Then HDD-1 to boot second? THat should boot up the WIndows XP CD FIRST and allow you to reformant your current hard drive and reinstall windows!":

(Substitute your make of PC BIOS for DELL BIOS).

lotvic 00:08 09 Dec 2008

If it is a Dell, do you have the manual? and what model and number is it (Dimension ****)
Do you have any Diagnostic Lights lit up on the front panel?
Dell Diagnostics program - On Start up when the Dell logo appears Press F11 immediately and highlight 'Boot to the Utility Partition' press Enter and choose and run the tests. Have a read of the Symptom Tree for advice given there. There are tests to run for Hardware and Device problems.

There is usually a Restore (to factory fresh) partition. If you hold down Ctrl and press F11 at the Dell logo when the computer first starts up you will get a menu to choose Restore from if it's there.

lotvic 00:11 09 Dec 2008

Dell Diagnostics program - On Start up when the Dell logo appears Press F12 immediately

Dazed&Confused 07:19 09 Dec 2008

It's not a dell, its one built by a company called Ginger 6. I have tried to get it to boot from disk first in the BIOS. Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:00 09 Dec 2008

Remove CMOS battery for 10 minutes to reset the BIOS to default settings.
Set first boot device to CD second to HDD.
save and exit (F10).

Boot with XP CD in the drive
Watch for the message "Press any key to boot from CD..."

You should now be able to boot from the XP CD and cary out a repair install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?