Pc Wont Boot

User-191E1920-20CB-4300-860DCABFC467F8DC 14:24 06 Mar 2006

Hello when I turn my pc on all the fans start but the PC doesnt do anything nothing comes up on the monitor and the power light on the pc doesnt come on but the hard drive light keeps flashing my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-8sq800 and on the motherboard there is a little LED that keeps flashing I have tried removing all the pci cards but that doesnt change anything please help

Im thinking maybe the bios is knackard and need new motherboard?

Storik 16:30 06 Mar 2006

You could check that the motherboard connection from the PSU is seated properly.

Try putting each device in separately - if your motherboard is ok it should beep if the memory, grahics cards etc. are missing.

Could be motherboard, PSU, CPU, memory or something similar - just a process of elmination and extremely frustrating. Good luck!

Storic

so if I remove everything including the processor and switch it on I should get some beeps if the motherboard is working properly?

well I have removed everything turned it on and nothing so I think im going to have to buy a motherboard and hope for the best

Storik 10:11 12 Mar 2006

"so if I remove everything including the processor and switch it on I should get some beeps if the motherboard is working properly?"

er - mathewhotdude - sorry to be so late with the reply, but without a processor in your motherboard - not something I would advise you to do - you would get nothing at all!

It is the removing other components eg. memory sticks and graphics cards that would cause an error beep.

Storic

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?