pc will not switch on

PERN 19:13 14 Feb 2014

AFTER A WEEK WITH THE COMPUTOR SWITCHED OFF,SWITCHED IT ON TODAY BUT IT WILL NOT SWITCH ON.THE LIGHT ON PC ,THE CAPS LIGHT ON KEYBOARD AND THE GREEN LIGHT ON THE BACK OF PC BOX JUST KEEPS FLASHING ON AND OFF. ANY IDEAS PLEASE

rdave13 19:21 14 Feb 2014

Has the PC been moved recently? Classic symptom of a connection, somewhere, not good. Sata possibly.

PERN 19:26 14 Feb 2014

COMPUTOR IS A COMPACT OFFICE PC AND NEVER MOVED.

rdave13 19:32 14 Feb 2014

Try tapping F8 on bootup to see if you can get to the advanced boot options window and run 'last known good configuration' option. Some PCs use F5 so try that as well. Note, to shutdown safely you will need to press and hold the power button and not switch off at the mains.

Get your Caps Lock off please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:41 14 Feb 2014

Green light on back - is this next to the network cable? could be the network card.

Perhaps you need to power off open the box and check all connections - it may be trying to load from the network rather than the hard drive.

alanrwood 20:02 14 Feb 2014

Hi Pern

The use of all capital letters is considered to be very aggressive on forums and equivalent to shouting at someone. I appreciate that you may not be aware of this so please take this in the friendly way it is intended.

PERN 22:48 14 Feb 2014

Sincere apologies Alan,. Thanks all ,I left the PC switched on, flashing away and after an hour it has corrected itself. I have saved your responses , many many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?