PC will not recognise my camera

daselir 10:33 20 Jan 2014

I have a Sony DSLR A330 camera and until a short time ago was able to connect to my PC via a usb cable and download pictures.

Now when I switch the camera on (having connected with the same cable) a message appears "Initialising usb Connection" which is the normal message but then it shuts down after a second or so can not proceed.

I believe this might be due to out of date drivers? How can I rectify this problem please-any ideas?

Thanks for reading.

BRYNIT 13:01 20 Jan 2014

Have you accidentally change a setting in the camera menu. Have you tried connecting the camera to another usb socket. Are you connecting the camera directly to the computer and not via a USB hub. Have you tried it connected to another computer as the fault could be with the USB cable. If it has worked in the past and everything else works via the USB I doubt it is the drivers.

Ian in Northampton 14:01 20 Jan 2014

I'm with BRYNIT. It doesn't sound like a driver problem. If the camera is anything like many mobile phones I've come into contact with, there are several ways in which they'll 'talk' to a PC via USB, and it could be you've accidentally changed a setting on the camera.

hssutton 15:43 20 Jan 2014

I assume you have checked in the camera menu system that your camera is set to "Mass storage"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?