pc will not load modem drivers??

shortcircuit 21:00 21 May 2004

I have a self built system containing;
AsRock 810lmr
256 133 Crucial ram SDrAM
1.3Duron.
350w psu.
running Me.

The problem started when I changed the Hard drive from an old 4gig to a new 60GB Excelstor and fitted a 52x burner.

Then I loaded xp pro on to the new HD and all went well, except the CMR modem was showing an error.

I then found that it was a driver error. I loaded the new driver off the net and the yellow icon on the device manager disappeared. when I tried the modem it kept on saying it was idle and then a hardware fault.

I then installed it and tried a modem from an other pc (Pc world netdragen) This also failed to load and said it was a code 10( which means reinstall). I tried another one with the same problem.

What would cause this. Do you think it could be the hard drive? Or has the mobo developed a fault?

Help

Thanks all.

sicknote 21:29 21 May 2004

Is the CMR Enabled in the Bios ??

shortcircuit 21:32 21 May 2004

Can not find that facility. have tried the original cmr and 2 pci modems. nomne will load drivers fully.

sicknote 21:37 21 May 2004

In the bios go to Advanced and then look for Onboard MC 97 modem should be set to Auto

shortcircuit 23:03 21 May 2004

Yep is set to auto. have tried all setting to no avail. Could this be a faulty mobo ?

gudgulf 23:14 21 May 2004

If other pci cards work then it is unlikely to be the motherboard.The problem might be the modem drivers---how old were the modems you used?

Also which version of windows are you using--Me or Xp-pro?

shortcircuit 07:42 22 May 2004

All the drivers are brand new. The pci modems will not work either. They fail to load the drivers half way and I then get a code 10 error message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)