Pc Video Out - program

Ben capewell 21:04 28 Dec 2008

Hi Guys
Santa Has got me an external hard disk too that im putting on my own movies from DVD.
Is there a vid card/software that i can asign a certain movie etc to play through the video/av output with out having to watch it on my pc also.

In english asign a movie to the Av output and let it play while i carry on working on the pc as normal.

There is something as they use it in nightclubs etc, i have tried a google this idea but with no luck.

Regards Ben.

Technotiger 22:22 28 Dec 2008

This, as well as being a Multimedia Player, is a SATA hard drive USB Enclosure .....

click here

Ben capewell 22:35 28 Dec 2008

Thanks for the reply but already have the hard disk, there has got to be some software/hard ware to do this , if not i can see a gap in the market for this requirement,

'I sit on the Pc doing something but my wife wants to watch a movie (from the hard disk )in the other room !!

Technotiger 22:54 28 Dec 2008

The idea is that you put a Hard Drive with your own choice of Film/Pictures/Music into this enclosure, then connect it to your TV to watch/listen etc while doing other things on the PC.

Ben capewell 23:24 02 Jan 2009

Films and music are on the Ext hard disk connected to the computer, so i want to be able to connect another Tv to the pc by possibly means of Tv out card, and play a certain movie through the out put, but with the out put been full screen on the tv/av out , while i carry on working with stuff on the pc.
I have done a google on this but it seems a hard gadget/idea to sort.
Regards

Technotiger 08:34 03 Jan 2009

If that hard disk is a SATA disk it would fit in the Enclosure in my link above. The Enclosure is made solely for the purpose of then connecting it (cables are supplied) to the TV, for viewing, without the PC.

I don't know of any other way, that you are going to be able to do what you are describing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?