pc very slow

  blueforever 20:33 05 Oct 2007

has any one any ideas why my pc is running very slow takes ages to connect to internet and also very slow to connect to any site i chose my cpu is 66 percent i have read this is quite high how do i know which programs need to b running and which dont have done scan useing avast and spybot no probs or infected files please help bit new to this so b gentle

  tullie 21:01 05 Oct 2007

Try typing MSCONFIG,go to startup,disable everything except antivirus and firewall

  Devil Fish 21:52 05 Oct 2007

a powerfull spyware remover if you unsure about anything ask before removing click here

  Probabilitydrive 08:51 06 Oct 2007

Dealing with a slow PC, click here
courtesy of Fruit Bat /\0/\.

Tip,: type 'slow PC' in the search box and you'll find it is a topic frequently covered and advice provided.

  birdface 09:28 06 Oct 2007

In taskmanager. system idle process should be showing about 97% all the rest about 3% between them.Anything else showing a high % of CPU let us know what.

  birdface 09:33 06 Oct 2007

You could try a speed test.click here

  birdface 09:44 06 Oct 2007

You could also try this Optimizer.click here download the trial version it only repairs 10 items at a time ,but you can use it as often as you like.There is also a registry defrag on it when you want to use it.Well worth a try.It should make your computer run a bit quicker.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?