PC Upgragde

golfpro 17:26 05 Sep 2003

I would like to make a sgnificant upgrade to my PC that will not mean making major changes or will not be very expensive, I thought about upgrading my RAM from 256mb to 512mb, would this be a good upgrade or not. I need advice and Help please. I work mainly with photos and graphics etc. my OS is XP home.

knobler 17:30 05 Sep 2003

Try bryon systems Ltd. They're a new company and might be able to help.

Haven't got the web address - sorry - hope you get on okay

soy 17:36 05 Sep 2003

Upgrading your memory is one of the most worthwhile upgrades you can do to your pc for a little amount of money.

In your case, as you do alot of work with image editing and graphics. I would recommend this as your first beginners upgrade. very worthwhile.

kane_2002k 17:50 05 Sep 2003

a memory upgrade in most cases gives the best price to performance increase. Things you need to find out, motherboard spec (to know what memory to buy), rating of current 256 mb (i.e. is it 2100, 2700) and to make sure that you have a spare memory slot.

I would advise installing the memory yourself, as it is very easy, or alternatively if u want someone to do it, a local pc store. Look to pay around £40 for the upgrade at store (labour and parts). If u decide to install yourself recommend crucial memory. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

How artist Alex Yanes worked with his daughter on this bright 3D mural for Monument Valley 2

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le lancement du Galaxy Note 8 en direct ?