PC TV card black & white problem

MklF 22:08 25 Jan 2007

Please help! I have just bought a Dell Dimension E520 with a PC TV card and a Dell flat panel 19" monitor, running Windows Media Center. I am trying to use the PC as our TV replacement. After some fiddling I have managed to get pictures but it is black & white and a bit grainy. I have checked that all cables are firmly attached and no pins are damaged.

I have a Bush set-top Freeview box which works fine in colour with our old TV. I am connecting the scart lead from the connector labelled TV on the freeview box to the s-video input + L and R audio input jacks on the PC card.

The PC has an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE graphics card and a Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II(26xxx) TV card.

I have googled and discovered it may be a PAL/NTSC problem. I have downloaded the NVIDIA control panel which it is claimed controls all their graphics cards. I looked in the index, found the relevant entry for changing output format according to country, but when I tried to follow the instructions the relevant menu choices were not enabled. How frustrating!

Any ideas? I'm getting a bit cheesed off now to say the least!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?