PC on TV

zebbydog 18:02 03 Apr 2004

I have set up my pc to a tv and i can drag from the pc to tv and use both as desktop.

I want to play vcd on my pc and watch it on the tv. But all i get is the sound unless i drag the running vcd over, is this how it supposed to work or should it just play as on the pc.
Zebby

hugh-265156 18:32 03 Apr 2004

yes this is what i have do also in extended desktop.start the video on the monitor windowed and then drag it to the tv and then maximize it.

if you have an ati graphics card you can also use clone mode.this displays the same thing on both monitors at the same time.it means you dont have to drag the video to the tv as before but as its also showing on the monitor then that is not free for browsing,email etc.you may want to try it.

control panel/display/settings/advanced/displays

click the tv on button to enable the tv then click the green button to the right of the tv icon(looks like the window restore button) then click the overlay/clone mode options tab then click theatre mode or same on all.

not sure about nvidia cards.

shimman 19:13 03 Apr 2004

nvidia drivers come with a programme called nview,you can clone desktop to tv but also have tv in full screen mode and ur comp run as a window, you can watch ur movies on tv in full screen and still open other programmes on ur pc(ie still surf or write e-mails etc).

zebbydog 19:58 03 Apr 2004

Thanks for reply Zebby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?