PC Tools Internet Security 2009

ElayEss 12:12 09 Jan 2009

I installed PC Tools IS 2009 from the November DVD, but found it a bit worrying when the drop downs kept asking did I want to allow this that or the other-had I made the right decision or should I say yes or no to everything. Anyway after a few days I uninstalled it.
I installed Avast instead but I have been having the odd start up blue screen crash with varying causes and have decided to dump Avast and reinstall PCTools from the March DVD.
However when I go to register I am told I am already registered and have 244 days of license left to run.
Anyone know how I can get the license back to a full year?

RickyC :-) 12:28 09 Jan 2009

Thanks for posting on the forums. The one-year license of the software will have begun when you initially installed the application from the disc. It's unlikely that you'll be able to revert to a full one-year license, as you've already used part of it.

I guess you could reformat your hard disk, re-install Windows, re-install the software from the cover disc and register on the PC Tools website using a different email account. You would then need to use the new license code when you activate the software again.

But that seems like a lot of effort for an additional three months on the license. I'm quietly confident that we'll have covermounted one of the new batch of '2010' Internet Security suites by the time your 244-day license has expired.

regards
Richard
Software Editor

ElayEss 13:33 09 Jan 2009

Thanks Richard.
It is rather too much hassle for 3 months' license.

watchit 20:27 05 Jun 2009

I am a long time suscriber to your magazine.
I have recently reinstalled XP, and then installed the one year free full program PC Tools from your DVD. When I tried to register with the code SEWAD6 as given in your magazine the registration would not be accepted.
Is the code in error or am I missing something.
Yours W J Atchison

Forum Editor 22:52 05 Jun 2009

You've posted your query in someone else's thread, which lessens the chances of it being spotted.

I have however passed your question to our software editor for his attention.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?