PC Tools Internet Security 2009

dabthoms 16:51 11 Oct 2008

Anyone know how to register the full program PC Tools Internet Security 2009 that came with Issue 161? Even the address: click here does not work!

mfletch 17:15 11 Oct 2008

It works for me,

Try deleting your temp Internet files and try again

dabthoms 17:23 11 Oct 2008

It works for me too now! Seems the program was preventing me from connecting and once I'd spotted that, all went as it should.

mfletch 17:32 11 Oct 2008

Alls well that ends well

I installed this in an old pc that I wanted to revive. I used it just to be safe Whilst I was on line for the first time to get all the required updates. I then unistalled it, Or thought I had but on reboot it was still there and the uninstall string was missing. It would not let me reinstall a new copy as it kept telling me it was all ready running even though it wasn't. AVG refused to install because it detected IS2009. I think this is just one of those very intrusive programs, several of which do a better job. I finally installed drive sentry3.1 off the October issue of PC advisor with no issues. I still cant actually remove PC tools IS 2009 so Iv'e just deleted the folders as it's not running anyway despite what it says.

Pootie

mfletch 19:05 11 Oct 2008

How true

I installed on a test computer and it slowed it down to a snails pace,

Had to do a system restore to get rid of it PC Tools crap no wonder Norton are buying it

thetic 23:28 05 Feb 2009

A lot of s+++e took over 15 minutes to boot up after i installed in today. it was like using dial up and I'm on 8mb hopeless i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

dabthoms 09:58 07 Feb 2009

Yes, my question was answered, I too found it to be a pitb, and uninstalled it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?