Pc starts to move slow in games after 5 mins..

calinesanu2006 15:35 08 Mar 2009

Hello , I have a problem and I dont know what to do.
I used to play games like far cry 2 at maximum graphic without problems and after a while i bought a flat screen monitor and installed a old game , star wars battlefront 2 . I started to play it at maximum graphic and after 1-2 mins pc shut down.I opened far cry 2 at maximum graphic and it worked just fine , for some reason the other game wich was older made the pc shut down. One day I wanted to try to play it at minimum , and after 30 mins or so pc shut down again. When i opened far cry or wow pc started to move slow after 5 mins in any game . But not on the internet or so , just in games . I scanned pc for viruses , malware, and i couldnt find anything any ideas what I could do?

brundle 15:47 08 Mar 2009

Make sure your graphics card is not overheating, make sure you have the latest drivers for it.
Keep a track of graphics card temps with this; click here

Odd that an older game shuts the PC down sooner, perhaps it taxes your CPU more than your GPU, so check the temperatures of that too; click here

citadel 16:47 08 Mar 2009

your graphics card may not be able to cope with the higher resolution of your new monitor. a better card may be needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone