Pc speakers question

gazmix 15:59 16 May 2015

So i have this old pc & cheap low noise hipoint speakers. Once the volume is turned up to half, it gets no louder than that so i assume the pc can push out descent sound if there's descent speakers attached.

Is it possible to use hifi speakers if i converted the connection to USB & is this possible?

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:08 16 May 2015

Is it possible to use hifi speakers if i converted the connection to USB & is this possible?

No you can only use Hifi speakers if conected via an amp. speaker out on PC to line in on amp speakers fed off amp.

gazmix 16:23 16 May 2015

ok so totally not possible even if remiove all the cable from back of speaker & replace with usb.

wee eddie 16:48 16 May 2015

Your HiFi Speakers will not be function without an Amplifier. There is no amplifier built into your PC.

You can buy Amplifiers built specially for this task but it is very much cheaper to buy a Speaker Set that is designed to work with a PC.

Ian in Northampton 17:51 16 May 2015

It's not just that they won't function without an amplifier, as wee eddie says. Audio/speaker cable and USB connections are wholly different technologies - not least in that one is analog, the other digital. Your speakers wouldn't begin to know what to make of a USB connection.

Graham* 10:00 17 May 2015

Currys £5.99 click here

gazmix 13:54 17 May 2015

OK thanks. Graham, these are probably just as Un loud as the hoping USB ones I already have have.

wee eddie 14:04 17 May 2015

How about something from this page? Amazon

gazmix 14:33 17 May 2015

Yeah am just trying to find out the output of these cheap ones I have, am wanting some considerably louder & the ones I have it don't say

Ian in Northampton 16:46 17 May 2015

They're probably about 2W - that's pretty standard. I looked at the page wee eddie linked to, and I doubt you'd be disappointed with any of those. Personally, I'm a big Creative fan.

Graham* 16:48 17 May 2015

Why not ask in Speakers Corner?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?