pc speakers

frostypug 23:25 05 Jul 2010

I am looking for a pair of small powerful speakers at a reasonable price.. Can anyone advise me. There are so many I am confused as to what are the best buy
Please help as I am soundless at the moment

rastaman25 23:29 05 Jul 2010

First of all, for what purpose do you want the speakers?

If you are after PC speakers, I highly recommend Logitech - all of the range is fantastic, and if you give me a precise budget, I could look some out for you.

frostypug 23:47 05 Jul 2010

rastaman25 thankyou for that I am willing to go to around £30-£50. I dont play that much music but I do like a clear sound
thanks

rastaman25 23:59 05 Jul 2010

Are you interested in a 2.0 or a 2.1 setup?

A 2.0 setup would include just two speakers to sit either side of the monitor, whilst a 2.1 setup would include the two speakers and an additional subwoofer speaker, which would sit on the floor and provide stronger bass.

If you have room, I'd personally recommend 2.1, but the choice is yours obviously!

frostypug 09:08 06 Jul 2010

No I dont have much room. Just a desktop and no room on the floor which is why I want them as small as possible
thanks

sherwoodsolns 09:58 06 Jul 2010

Get s cheap pair of stereo speakers from your local supermarket - if you are using two speakers then the definition of clear sound is a mute point! you will not notice any depreciation in sound quality as you won't get it from two speaker systems - it will be good enough for music etc.

You will get what you want - good stereo output, but for fantastic sound you may need 5:1 or 7:1 systems

Simply adding two stereo speakers means go for looks, cost and size - ignore quality and don't pay £30-£50 for a pair of stereo speakers it aint worth it.... £10-£20 tops.

Grantrh 12:08 06 Jul 2010

These look good: click here

Sea Urchin 12:35 06 Jul 2010

I bought some Logitech S-120 speakers - quite excellent for music - and from this link considerably less than I paid for them

click here

rastaman25 18:55 06 Jul 2010

These are very beefy : click here

Plus, they offer a good bass range considering they are only a 2.0 setup.

frostypug 19:53 06 Jul 2010

Thankyou all for your very helpful advice and please keep giving it to us novices. I have now made up my mind and gone for the ones Sea Urchin recommended but I have now bought the ones from rastaman25 as well for my pc in the bedroom
Thank you all again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?