PC shutdown and restart over and over again

Boki85 14:35 01 Jan 2015

Having some issues with my pc, which started yesterday morning. Until then, everything worked fine, without any symptoms or problems. When I turned it on, pc was working for a few seconds, but then it shuts down, and started again after two-three seconds, and continued doing like that until I pulled the plug from the wall. I replaced the psu ( I thought that was causing the problem ), but same thing happened again, I really don't know where the problem is. If anyone knows anything about this and have some suggestions, please write it. And happy New Year everyone. :) :)

Boki85 14:59 01 Jan 2015

PC is clean inside, there is a little dust in there, but not enough to cause any problems. Screen wont turn on, not enough time, because pc restarts after few seconds. My second guess is that something inside died (component), but not sure where to look... Its a little old configuration ( intel dual core, 2 gb ddr2, 9500gt, 250gb hdd, 400w psu), but its ok for my demands.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:13 01 Jan 2015

take the side off

power it up and check the cpu fan runs

sounds like overheat if shutting off after a couple of seconds.

other possibility is dying PSU - overloading as soon as hard drives / dvd come on - try disconncting cables to HDDs and DVDs and retry to see if it stays on or reboots.

Boki85 10:23 02 Jan 2015

cpu fan starts as I press on button, but back panel fan is not starting, needs two seconds and then starts. And as soon as he starts pc shuts down, and after a few seconds starts again etc etc... maybe its the psu, but I have only weaker one for replacement (350w), thinking maybe its not enough. I doubt its some other thing, but until I get better psu, theres no way of finding out...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:15 02 Jan 2015

have you tried with drives disconnected?

try with the 350 PSU

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone