Pc Sharing

Daiol 15:49 05 Feb 2009

Hi,Just had to reinstall windows into my main pc,I had it connected to my laptop which is in another part of the house i could access my documents from my main pc via my laptop and print a docement off with the printer connected to my main pc.Now i went to set this method up again but for some reason cant get my head around it,went through the network sharing wizard but i totally went wrong somewhwere.both pc are running windows xp pro and main pc is connected to the internet via a ethernet cable ito a belkin router,the laptop is connected wirelessly.Can someone please put me on the correct track in a simple form if possible all i want to access my documents and a little word printing.help please.daiol.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:44 05 Feb 2009
  gazzaho 17:56 05 Feb 2009

You will also need to set up your firewall to allow file sharing in order to print from your laptop through your desktop to the printer, if you're using the same firewall on both machines you can get the settings from the firewall on the desktop machine as you had them set up before.

Daiol 19:10 05 Feb 2009

Thanks both for replies.maybe i should have given more info.This is what i did ' control panel > run the network wizard and followed through the boxes until it came to copy info to a floppy disc well i dont have a floppy on laptop so i copied from floppy to usb pendrive then plugged the pendrive into laptop and then double clicked icon and follwed through the wizard but someting went wrong does anyone know the procedure to follow through that network wizard?.daiol.

woodchip 19:27 05 Feb 2009

When you run the Wizard you need to have all computers Printers turned on, before running Wizard. You also need to right click after on Files Folders you want to Share

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?