Pc semi closing down in power save mode

wulliec 07:57 02 Apr 2004

Can any one help my pc after about an hour closes down in power save mode and I have to totally switch off the machine to get back on.
I have tried the section in screen saver mode for all the power sections but these are all turned off.

I dont know the special keys u press to escape power save mode either, but problem being it should not do this as all setting are off.

I would be most grateful for any help on this matter.

Cheers in advance.

Diodorus Siculus 08:03 02 Apr 2004

If windows power options are off, then you may need a look into the BIOS - there can be some power saving options there which override the Windows options.

wulliec 08:24 02 Apr 2004

Checked Bios, all power settings are off

Would it be a virus or trojan of some kind
I have now resorted to uppluging all accessaries like me printer etc but still happens can u suggest the keys to exit power saving mode
I tried moving my mouse and pressing various keys on the keyboard but didnt work.

Someone suggested to me it good be a registry problem , if so how would i be able to correct it

Diodorus Siculus 08:34 02 Apr 2004

When my pc is in sleep mode, I just press any key and it wakes; my laptop needs the power button pressed to wake it.

It may also be that your PC is not able to manage sleep mode. Has it ever worked, or is this a new problem? What spec is the machine, and what operating system are you using?

wulliec 09:09 02 Apr 2004

HP Pavilion t265.uk desktop PC usin xp home edition
never tried putting it into sleep mode

wulliec 10:03 02 Apr 2004

Just happened again , I had to reboot then it went into power saving mode..........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?