PC self help tool & assisted support service

yuvi 15:31 21 Jul 2006

Hi,

Got some serious problems in my PC -

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good PC support tool, a friend recommended me:

PCPal (click here)

- which seems a friendly & cool tool, but is anyone familiar with a directory I can browse to see all the options available?

Also, can anyone recommend an online technical support service in case things go really bad and I need a human to step in (-:

Thanks - Y.

jimv7 15:37 21 Jul 2006

Serious problems in my PC

For a good PC support tool

Online technical support service in case things go really bad

For all 3 of these try a site called PC Advisor, its members are most knowledgable in all things pertaining to pc problems and also a lot of extras as well.

skidzy 15:41 21 Jul 2006

Yuvi...could you start with your system specs and Os ....what are the serious problems.

You are in one of the best places for help,here at PCA.

If the problems are so serious,it looks like fixing one thing at a time if possible.Give us something to go on.....and we will all try to help.

yuvi 15:45 21 Jul 2006

First, great for the quick response!

I guess it's mostly that my PC is running really slow! Can't really pinpoint the exact reason.

I've got Windows SP2 running on my computer with Norton antivirus protection. What additional information could help?

Thanks again! - Y.

skidzy 15:49 21 Jul 2006

Firstly Norton could be the problem as its a resource hog.

I would recommend running a registry cleaner like regscrubxp after you have ran some antispyware/malware tools. click here
Update these and run. then this click here

then this click here

Post back once all scans and repairs have finished.

If the problem still exists,try a repair of Internet explorer click here

Hope this helps

yuvi 10:36 22 Jul 2006

Thanks a lot skidzy! - with the advice I got from PCPal and from the advice / suggestions I got from you managed to get my computer back in good shape - wish I had posted here a few weeks ago!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?