PC Running slow, Often fails to boot.

Rhaz92 20:35 21 Apr 2017

Hi everyone, I'm getting more frustrated with my PC, It's running really sluggish and continues to get worse. My specs are below and to my knowledge it shouldn't be having any issues. Please correct me if i'm wrong and if I've made a mistake.

I've ran Ace Utilities and AVG Tune UP and completed a thorough clean up (Junk, Reg, Auto Start, Uninstall, Temp, Defrag etc). Updated my GPU drivers but my machine still runs sluggish.

I've had some hardware issue that I can't pin point as well, every now and again I can't boot on first attempt. The fans spin and the LED's light up but it doesn't get further than that. It sometimes takes at least 10 attempts for the computer to full boot. I'm thinking it's a possible PSU issue?

Disabling Fast Boot fixed the boot issue for awhile but out of the blue it happened again, I've not re-enabled Fast Boot.

Any help is much appreciated.

Specs: Windows 10 CPU: i5 4690 Ram: 8GB DDR3 GPU: Radeon R9 390 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97P-D3 Storage: Seagate ST1000DX001-1NS162 (Hybrid)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:50 21 Apr 2017

Half your trouble could be all those tune up progs you have used :0(

I suggest you try a windows RESET - Settings - Update and secrurity - Recovery - Reset.

wee eddie 22:16 21 Apr 2017

There's a possibility that the PSU is not delivering sufficient power. They're not that expensive to replace but if you could borrow one with a higher capacity, and I'm wrong, then there's nothing lost

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires