PC reboots every hour (MOL)

AllZwell 22:27 20 Oct 2006

PC reboots every hour more or less

Hi, my pc has suddenly started to reboot itself about every hour, not sure what it is, but when it starts back up, with a prompt from MS to sent an error report I get: click here

Error caused by AVG Anti-Virus: no specific solution available

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

An analyst at Microsoft has investigated this problem and determined that an unknown error occurred in AVG Anti-Virus. This software was created by GRISOFT, Inc.

Recommendation

Microsoft has researched this problem with GRISOFT, Inc, and they do not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a recommendation to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.

Contact GRISOFT, Inc for support or product updates.

Additional information

Anyone elso had this? - I've done a Scan, no viruses ect, seems ok when working (with my 600 watt psu btw)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:41 20 Oct 2006

Uninstall then reinstall AVG and retry.

Failing that change to Avast click here

and see what happens.

AllZwell 22:47 20 Oct 2006

Link odn't work FB, is this what you meant:click here - or was it more specific ...

AW

AllZwell 02:49 21 Oct 2006

reinstallation of GRISOFT didn't fix it, though it was nearly 3 hours before it rebooted, got the same error though telling me it was AVG related.....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:11 21 Oct 2006

Avast download click here

AllZwell 18:05 21 Oct 2006

D/L on my main pc now, still got avg on my laptop as it doesn't keep er. rebooting.

BTW, for the sake of starting another topic, why do I have to keep logging in. ALL THE TIME!!.

Cheers

AW

VoG II 18:10 21 Oct 2006

Logging in where?

anskyber 18:12 21 Oct 2006

Click on your username (top left) and select keep me logged in unless I log out.

AllZwell 18:27 21 Oct 2006

Cheers anskyber - sorted.

-----------

logged in on this forun In vog

AW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?