PC reboot at rondom moments durin battlefield 1942

nick_kehoe 16:37 30 Dec 2003

I have checked 'EA Games' technical support. There is one thread which was put on there which described what i had, it said to check whether i had a 'VIA' motherboard, if so update it, but i dont have a via system. My system manufacturer is Medion (power 3000 which was bought yesterday. i have updated the graphics card drivers also but still the computer crashs at random moments whilst playing the game. My computer is well above the recomended system requirements so i knew it wouldnt be that, but i dont know what it could be now.
After the computer rebooted itself, an error message came up saying that a serious error had occured and whether to send this error report to microsoft. i sent it and this page came up:

click here

i have tried EA games help, but still nothing

Any help would be much appreciated
Many Thanks
Nick Kehoe

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 16:57 30 Dec 2003

Could be sound/video drivers direct x it a matter of elimination can u go back to the original g card drivers and see if it happens again.

Regards.

You tried the latest battlefield patch 1.5?

what devices are installed on your machine, are the latest version of the driver's for them etc?

gold 47 17:12 30 Dec 2003

Not all computers will play all games even powerful ones.

Try searching the forum for aida 32. You may have a board that uses the VIA chipset in which case you may need the latest drivers for it to run properly....

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 17:54 30 Dec 2003

Responce by email:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
that is the original gfx card, only got the pc yesterday. for the Direct x, i have direct x 9. wb

regards

OK,i didnt mean the card i meant the drivers you had installed before you upgraded them,if you can get them back see if it still happens,the detonator drivers from nvidea are now called forceware and i think the latest is the link pilch posted,also your manafactuer is median you could still have the VIA chipset on your mobo
The latest of those i think is the hyperion 4. somthing ones,and if the pc is only 1 day old can u not get in touch with the helpline for your pc,they will know more about it than any1

Regards.

bremner 18:22 30 Dec 2003

Does your machine have an AMD or Intel processor.

The only reference I can find is to a Medion Powerplus 3000 click here={57965E30-21BB-47F7-AF70-18FFADD475C7}&CatID={DBDA21AD-4E77-4BDA-BF3A-6009FCE3C897} which has an MSI 6716 mobo.

This is not shown on the MSI site click here but the majority of their boards are based on the via chipset.

gold 47 ?

nick_kehoe 18:25 30 Dec 2003

pentium 4 3.06. ok so u think i should try and update the mobo?

nick_kehoe 18:30 30 Dec 2003

i checked my 'DxDiag' an it doesnt say nething about VIA apart from my ethernet and my 'host controler', those are made by VIA, but nothin about my mobo

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:32 30 Dec 2003

Open device manager look in system devices open with little + then read down list should say VIA on there if you have them.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:43 30 Dec 2003

Or if you have it look in the mobo manual should tell you in there what chipset you have.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?