pc randomly shuts down

hi, my pc has closed itself down again, twice. no warning just went off, both times under average workload, nothing too extreme, so i now have to find out what i've done wrong, this is the details of what i have checked:
hiper 530 black atx (direct 6 pin pcix for gpu) temp 37c
amd 5200x2 temp 28c (core1 23c/core24c)
mobo asus nodus temp 34c
8800gtx temps 70's c
fully scanned for malware seems ok
no other problems
all fans fine, no dust anywhere
seems to be happening since 158.18 driver update(didnt think this would turn it off?)
any ideas please?
is there a log i can look up, i get no error message on shut down or reboot
tia
adam

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:50 08 May 2007

thanks for that, only has information, no errors, so im guessing hardware of some description, i wondered about my psu, i enquired if i should change it before upgrading graphics but was told with it's amps and rails it would be more than enough for one 8800 as it's on a seperate rail?
i have just seen 1 error, about the time it shut down tcp-ip was stopped after making too many outgoing connections? i was playing wow at the time and both times it's turned off it was connecting to the net, i installed windows defender as a second spyware 2 dyas ago, could it be this?

well i killed it! turned the clocks and fans up and ntune stabilty test for 90 mins.... and it, sadly died!
however, i have found the problem which is what i set out to do. i checked with 3 companies about my concern on the psu, it runs 530 watt true power through 2 12 volt rails, it took a while but i have found out these rails are 18 amps, which blatently isnt enough! I know nothing about electricity but after an hour of reading i think a 450 watt psu (which the card manufacturer recommends would be ample (with about 26 amps by my calculations) and when you take into concideration i have and overclocked amd dualcore cpu 4 sticks of ram an akasa evo120 and 8 full usb ports AND a 8800gtx im amazed it lasted as long as it did! i have just ran 5 psu calculating programs and they all pretty much say 380/385 watt but none advise the ampage, they just say it's important.
so will go shopping in the morning, hopefully it's just the psu gone, if not i'll call it experience and break this one, will post back for others info.

and others may find this list usefull
click here

all back and running again, the hiper psu didnt take anything with it, the new psu has 2 29 amp 12 volt rails (and a blue led?)
anyway all seems fine again, i think any g80 card really needs at least 20 amp on the rail, have learned a very important lesson, amps and quality come well before watts!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?