pc problem with web and outlook express

patso 13:17 15 Mar 2007

i had some sort of problem last night and had to do a restore.first the pointer icon kept changing to the hour glass rapidly then i found outlook was not showing any emails in my folder just the headers,also when i tried various sites the pages were not showing any graphics.i tried an avg scan which showed no virus,when i went to restore there was only one restore point for the 14th of march,after ages of trying to sort things i used the restore late last night and things seem to be normal again,i am wondering what went wrong and where the restore points went,i know my boy tried install a pc game yesterday as that was on the restore,any ideas please ,thanks ps was there a prob with pca site last night as i could not post to it thanks again

palinka 14:20 15 Mar 2007

create your own restore points to be on the safe side. which OS are you on? XP creates restore points quite frequently, but ME hardly ever.

patso 21:36 15 Mar 2007

xp home i had several restore points and dont no where they are gone but i will do as you say and create new restore points thanks again,ps i checked and system restore is turned on, patso

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?