pc problem

fire 10:20 29 Sep 2007

my pc restarts itself 4 or 5 times or i have to remove the plug and then switch it back on numerous times before it becomes stable. i have reformatted hd and on start up the memory check says all is ok, i occasionally get the blue screen appearing. it seems once it has been running for a while it is more stable and doesnt crash, anybody any ideas as to what problem might be.....thanks

brundle 10:28 29 Sep 2007

Failing power supply ; click here

Marko797 10:28 29 Sep 2007

How old is the HDD? Can u access it to see/feel if it's overheating at all? Is there any clicking from the HDD?

Try the above for starters.

birdface 10:30 29 Sep 2007

it could be your PSU on its way out,Make sure the air vents at the back of the computer is clear of dust and fluff.

fire 10:58 29 Sep 2007

hi i just had blue screen and gave me the folowing irql not less or equal then stop oxooooooooo (oxoooooooo4, oxoooooooo2, oxooooooooo 0x804e6d3f....

dont know if this means anything but hd is not hot all fans working ok and psu is not too old...have cleared lots of dust out and removed one stick of ram ,,,,,

any more ideas please

birdface 11:04 29 Sep 2007

Googled.click here=

brundle 11:06 29 Sep 2007

Still suspect power supply, or possibly some faulty hardware.
Windows Stop Messages; click here

brundle 11:12 29 Sep 2007

Run MemTest on your the memory stick that is still in place; click here

birdface 11:17 29 Sep 2007

click here= that last click here was no good so Googled it again.Can you do a system restore to a time before you had the problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?