PC problem

pierc113 20:33 10 Mar 2007

Have had this PC about 3 months from new, when i turn it on it beeps for about ten seconds and on the screen it says "CPU fan not installed", I rang the tech support and we went though afew things he said the fan is working ok but i would have to send the PC back to them so they could sort the beep out (postage at my expense), does anyone have any ideas how to fix it, I have left the PC running all day with no problem, runing xp home, maxdata intel pentium D.

xania 20:46 10 Mar 2007

Do not attempt to fix it. You could invalidate the warranty and then you really are on your own. I would think you do have a faulty fan, and this could already be affecting your C processor in which case both should be replaced under warranty. I'm afraid you'll have to pay the postage to send it back.

FungusBoggieman 20:49 10 Mar 2007

normally if a pc bep it means hardware is not seated good. you could open up case check hardware seating, the only problem being if you open case warrent will become viod. can you open case without any seal broken if attatched to pc, check cpu fans working pc how to check do fans sound when boot pc .

pierc113 21:27 10 Mar 2007

Thanks xania & FungusBoggieman, There is no seals on the case i have had alook inside but i would not know if it was seated ok or not, I will post it back monday, One more question when i go in my ebay and double click user name it comes up with user name and password is there away of stopping this?. Thanks

Ashrich 22:02 10 Mar 2007

This might be a Motherboard monitor problem , if the fan is connected to a fan controller , like on my Gigabyte mobo , it starts very slowly then gradually speeds up , the board thinks that the fan is disconnected as it is running so slowly and warns you of impending processor damage . Have the case open and then start the PC while looking at the fan and see if it starts spinning right away as soon as you press the power button .

Ashley

pierc113 08:11 11 Mar 2007

Hi Ashrich. Yes the fan started really slow and gradually speeded up after about 30-45 seconds.

pierc113 10:06 16 Mar 2007

The company I bought it from as repaired it for free :-), They did not put a note in saying how it was fixed, So this is no help if anyone else gets this problem, Thanks to those who helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone