PC Pro Online virus sweep-queries

BrianW 12:27 21 Jan 2003
  BrianW 12:27 21 Jan 2003

I have just had a report using the above that indicated I had 1 "Infected file" (CAL54Z9H.SWF) and 1 "Virus" (TEXT.IMG). I purchased the disinfection option which after running reported exactly the same files with a Disinfected:0 report.

Three questions:

- Does anyone recognise these "viruses"?
- should I be worried by them?
- has anybody used the PCPRO virus sweep and does it work?

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:39 21 Jan 2003

These do not sound like viruses but you could have had a free check at Trend Housecall or download AVG click here , a free AV, used by many here and you would not need to pay for 'disinfecting' If you have an up to date AV you will not need to use such 'pay' sites and it seems a little specious to me although it is from a respected magazine. next time ask here first, :-)) you will save money.

G

BrianW 14:20 21 Jan 2003

Thanks Gandalf, (may your beard never become multi-coloured). I know, we tell everyone to use this site, then I forget to - no excuse, its just the dafter I get, the older I get. ;>}}

BrianW 15:16 21 Jan 2003

Just to complete the story - I installed AVG and checked boot sectors and drives - no viruses found. Beware of the PCPro on line virus sweep - it appears to give false positives for viruses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?