Pc power supply blown again

hotant 15:12 17 May 2004

Any ideas on why my pc has blown up for a second time in a week.All abit strange to me???
AMD XP 3000+
ASROCK K7S8X
400 DDR
DVD REWITER
350WATT POWER SUPPLY
WINDOWS XP HOME

click here

Old Shep 15:18 17 May 2004

So you sent it back now youve got it back 6 days later? Did they replace it or repair it and where did you get it from.What did they say was wrong withit???

hotant 15:22 17 May 2004

Well got it off Ebay from a company called dotcombuilder and just replaced the power supply.New it was the power supply but sounds alittle more than a power supply to me!!!

Old Shep 15:27 17 May 2004

Sound like more than the power supply to me as well get them to replace the whole lot or get your money back.

hotant 15:30 17 May 2004

Oh i shall do don't you worry just wanted to know if anyone has come accross this before

Totally-braindead 16:05 17 May 2004

I've built about 20+ computers now and I've only had a power supply blow once. When I opened the case there was bits of glass all over the inside, the glass fuse in the power supply had blown, fortunatly nothing else was damaged and I just replaced it. It is possible you've just had very bad luck with 2 power supplies going but I would say its very unusual for this to happen. I would be looking for a replacement system or a refund personally because there could be something else wrong and you have no way of telling.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone