PC Pitstop Optimize 2.0

kingussie 09:45 08 Jan 2009

Has anyone any experience of this program for clean up
click here

canarieslover 10:06 08 Jan 2009

Depends how much you want to end up spending. It's like so many other programs, a free download and scan that frightens you. Then it's $29.99 for each part of the software you need to download to 'fix the faults'. click here
Also check out the third comment on another forum.
click here

Diodorus Siculus 10:19 08 Jan 2009

To be honest, I find little use for such programs.

Something like CCleaner click here will remove all the unwanted crud; it has a registry cleaner which will sort out the registry.

Defragment the hard disks occasionally and run an occasional spyware test; this, coupled with a good anti-virus program and plenty of common sense, will be more than enough.

If you are having a particular problem, post here and someone will have a solution.

birdface 10:48 08 Jan 2009

Best freebie is Winaso Optimizer.It will only repair 10 items at a time but you can run it as often as you like.I have used it for a few years now with no problems.Well worth a try.click here If impressed you could always buy the full product.I am quite happy with the free version.

kingussie 13:31 08 Jan 2009

Thks Buteman...downloaded Winaso and found 250 isssues so at 10 isssues a pot it took some time but got there eventually...thanks !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017