PC Performance Monitor

thegreypanther 11:29 05 Dec 2009

I have just read the article in PC Advisor (Issue 175) on PC Performance.
Inspired by this I have tried using the PC Performance monitor. After updating my profile, I am then invited to Download and install the Performance monitor from
click here
Result, - "Page cannot be found".
HELP!!

birdface 12:15 05 Dec 2009

Same here page cannot be found and then it redirects you another Google search page which is a bit of a nuisance.
Looks like their redirectingat.com is playing up.Someone on here yesterday with the same problem.

birdface 12:17 05 Dec 2009

From yesterday.

click here

Maybe give the FE a quick e-mail and he will try and get it sorted for you.

jonno96 13:13 08 Dec 2009

I have encontered exactly the same problem as emnic - I've updated my profile and have got a userid, but when I click on the download link I just get a 404 error. I've tried downloading several times using first Firefox and then IE8. Can anyone shed any light on this?

thegreypanther 14:00 08 Dec 2009

As suggested, I sent a message to the Forum Editor but have had no response.
I'm amazed that PC Advisor haven't been on to this one faster and more positively. After all, the alleged PC Performance Monitor features quite prominently in the most recent copy of PC Advisor in the article "Complete PC Repair Guide".
Fat lot of good it is to read such an article if the advice is duff.

jonno96 13:25 09 Dec 2009

Have to agree with emnic. I sent a message to the Forum Editor yesterday (8 December) and haven't received any acknowledgement as yet. I'm sure we're not the only people who read the article with interest and were willing to contribute to the overall PC performance study. Very disappointing.

Managing ed 10:29 10 Dec 2009

I didn't even notice there was a problem, because as an existing user it continued to work for me. How I managed to miss this thread, however, I don't know. Mea culpa. Right, the problem was that the third-party who handle the data did an update to finesse the Windows 7 performance. Unfortunately, someone somewhere made a small error. It's all back working now, and I can only apologise for the error and - more importantly - the fact that it wasn't spotted and dealt with sooner.

Sorry.

Matt Egan
Managing Editor

jonno96 14:12 10 Dec 2009

Many thanks, Matt, for this post and the e-mail you sent. I've downloaded the set-up file and installed the program - first results are now showing up on my profile page after a few hours. Thanks too for the apology - much appreciated.

thegreypanther 14:37 10 Dec 2009

Very grateful to Matt Egan,- many thanks indeed.
The Performance Monitor has been downloaded and installed. Now to see whether everything works as it should do!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?