PC or Xbox 360 cant find Wireless router

Alex233 16:41 09 May 2008

Hi, I'm having problems with my wireless router. Recently there was a powercut which i think may have caused a problem. My PC which has a wireless adapter and my xbox 360 cannot seem to locate my wireless router within the area but can find my neighbours. I've checked the Broadcasting the SSID and its clicked to be on. I'm using a Belkin Wireless G+ MIMO ADSL 2+ Modem Router. I've reset the router and went through all the settings again, with the help of Belkin Technical Support but nothing any help? thanks

Alex233 16:50 09 May 2008

Oh I forgot to add that when I look at my Belkin Homepage it says at the top Right No Connection, but i can access the internet anyway?

m4819 07:43 10 May 2008

It sound like your router has become confused, try re-setting back to factory settings and then re-entering the ISP details or do a complete re-install and follow the same procedure.
Also remember that if you use the USB network set up by microsoft it automatically assigns encription so if you were using an unsecured network before, you will need to delete this setting from the x box.
The final alternative is that the power failure has killed the routing capabilities of your router so if you can, try another router in place of the one you have and see if this works.

Regards

Alex

Alex233 13:24 15 Jun 2008

Thanks for your help, unfortunately it's happened again for some reason, no power failure this time. Last time i unplugged everything for around half an hour and it worked again. This time that's not the case as i unplugged it for the whole night and it still couldn't find the router? Any suggestions would be a great help thanks!

Alex233 18:13 15 Jun 2008

Ok, so i just updated the firmware, checked if my pc with the wireless USB stick and my xbox could locate the wireless router and it could, then i ran into the problem of it not being able to assign either my Xbox or my PC with an IP Address, so i quickly ran downstairs and turned the router off for a minute and back on again and it's back to my Xbox and PC being unable to locate the Wireless router, what's going on????:(

L8-tian 16:57 17 Jun 2008

Hi,
As i understand after updating the firmware version, you view your wireless router in X-box and PC with USB stick. but not getting IP address from the router.

try this 4 steps.

-- step 1:try to change ssid name and channel. try with 1 or 11 and no security.Before connecting to your network,remove the preffered network form the PC and connect to your network.
if step 1 doesnt work , proceed step2.

--step 2:update the drivers for USB stick and check.

if steps 2 doesnot work,,try step 3

--step 3:Assign static IP for wireless network connection in the PC in the range of router and check.

--If above steps works, for X-box reserve the ip address for the xbox on the router and connect the xbox wireless to the router.

thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires