PC or Monitor "No Signal" Issues (DVI to HDMI)

Jack Gale 12:40 15 Aug 2015

I recently built a PC (specs provided), the whole system works wonderfully. However I soon noticed that my Samsung HDTV Monitor (Model: T24D390) would state there is no signal from my PC with the two being connected via VGA (DVI connector to graphics card) and the TV would then turn itself off. This problem was solved by turning both PC and monitor off and on again any number of times until it worked.

I bought a DVI to HDMI cable to run from my graphics card to my monitor as the source for the monitor is named HMDI1/DVI PC. The first time I used this cable my monitor displayed my PC instantly and without issue, however a couple of days with the same set-up, my monitor once again displayed no signal despite recognising that there is a source plugged in, it simply refuses to display my PC. The solution was once again turn both devices on and off until it worked (sometimes this will work first time, sometimes it will take 10 tries).

This issue seems to be an entirely random and annoying event which forces me to repeatedly power down my PC within a short space of time, something I imagine isn't doing it any favours.

Any help would be appreciated.

PC Specs

Intel Core i5 i5-4690K CPU

MSI Nvidia Gtx 960 Gaming 2 GB PCI-E Graphics Card

MSI Z97 Gaming 3 Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB RAM

WD 1TB Internal Hard Drive

EVGA 500W PC Power Supply

Windows 10 (Problem occurred on Windows 8.1 also)

hellnitez 15:17 09 Nov 2015

hey there dude, i seem to be having the same problem with my 960gtx GPU.Thou some of the specs you gave are slightly different from mine, the problem you describe is exactly what i'm facing now. Any solutions to the problem yet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone