pc opens with windows updates

carnoustiejim 11:00 29 Sep 2014

hi every time I switch on my pc it keeps going (to configuring windows updates) o/s windows 7 can you help thanks kirriejim

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:01 29 Sep 2014

Have you let it work all the way through the process?

Forum Editor 13:08 29 Sep 2014

It may be that if you haven't updated in a while your computer has a lot of updating to get through. As Fruit Bat /\0/\ says, let it go through the process, and all should be well.

carnoustiejim 14:24 29 Sep 2014

hi thanks for replies first of I have just had my pc reformatted with windows 7 home premium and (windows xp which I am not connected to the net only use it for my mp3s an midi files.) windows 7 on the internet have done as you say but it keeps coming back when I restart my pc hope this helps thanks again kirriejim

bumpkin 14:56 29 Sep 2014

If you have a clean install done then the many updates take a long time. Run them overnight is what I have done in the past.

Ian in Northampton 15:08 29 Sep 2014

I recently bought a laptop with a fresh install of W7. Once I'd connected it to the Internet, the update process started immediately. From memory, there were 130+ updates that took several hours to download and install.

lotvic 15:10 29 Sep 2014

..and some of them require a restart before the next lot will begin to install.

carnoustiejim 19:02 16 Oct 2014

hi guys sorry for delay not been to well thanks for your help you were right about the updates all's well kirriejim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?