***PC not working properly again***

ali_baby 07:25 21 May 2010

hiya,
After having bought a new pc is broke down completely so got a tech out who replaced the mother board and reinstalled Vista premium again but i was still having major problems so anyway eventually contacted the tech again and he came out and reinstalled vista again and left me the disc. But what he did say was that the motherboard shouldnt of been changed as the old one looks ok. Everything was working fine for 2/3 wks but now im getting probs again!The pc was taking a while to boot up so I clicked Problem reports and solutions and this is what it is saying........

Consider BIOS upgrade
Microsoft is unable to determine the exact cause of this error. However, this problem was most likely caused by an error in your computer’s random access memory (RAM). RAM is the main internal storage area the computer uses to run programs and store data.

During the crash analysis, we noticed the basic input/output system (BIOS) version on this computer does not match the specifications for the central processing unit (CPU), also known as a processor, that is installed on your computer. This can occur when a newer processor is installed on an older system board or older BIOS. Using a BIOS that does not support the installed processor can result in Windows system crashes. Contact your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer for an updated version of BIOS for your computer's processor.

I know a wee bit about pcs but nothing about the BIOS so any help would be greatly appreciated! I installed speccy and this is whats in the pc

Motherboard -
Micro star, MS-7255, P4M900M2-F
BIOS-
American Megatrends Inc, Version V5.0, Date 01/05/2007
Chipset Vendor- VIA
Model- P4M900/CN896/VN896/PT890
Revision- 00
Southbridge Vendor- VIA
Model- VT8237A
Revision- 00
CPU-
Intel pentium E2180/ Dual cpu
Ram-
Type DDR2
Size- 2048 mbytes
Standard VGA graphics adapter
Mem type- 2
Driver version- 6.0.6001.18000

Its an acer model, 32bit....if you need to know anything else then please ask as any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Alison

gengiscant 07:41 21 May 2010

If it is still within the warranty period the seller is responsible for any repairs, if you start messing about with bios upgrades, which really should not be necessary if you have just bought the PC, you will, I would have thought, invalidate your warranty and you could cause more problems if you get the bios upgrade wrong.

ali_baby 08:04 21 May 2010

Hiya
The warranty from Acer has run out but it was 2 months ago roughly that the tech came out to repair the pc.

gengiscant 08:12 21 May 2010

Was the techie comming out within the warranty period?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017