Pc not working !!!

lisa_gedo 22:18 05 Jul 2007

ok we tried turning pc on earlier and there is no power to the base unit but the monitor turns on....(the monitor is powered by the base unit)i've checked all the cables at the rear. The pc is 6 years old now and i am assuming something has gone inside it...any help any one

civicr 22:23 05 Jul 2007

Hi ,
is there any fans running at all . If so the card has gone , but it does sound like the power pack has gone , which should not be a problem in getting a new one . Hope ive helped
civicr

lisa_gedo 22:54 05 Jul 2007

ty civi, i unplugged it and when i plugged it back in the tower powered up...before i had no fans, nothing, it was completely dead but then it also powers the monitor which was working fine.....oh well i think its time for a new one....ty for your help

skidzy 22:58 05 Jul 2007

Lisa this maybe just the time for a spring clean...or wet summer clean :-)

Open up the case and check all fans are clear of dust and grime,if you have not opened the case before...you may get a shock to how much dust will be inside clogging those fans.

This could be the result in why your system didnt boot correctly,especially if the computer is a 2-3 years old.

woodchip 23:02 05 Jul 2007

Although the Monitor connects to the PSU it does not draw power from it. The PSU needs replacing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?