pc monitors

chippy+ 21:15 09 Aug 2007

hi one of my 2 crt monitors has a broken pin in the connector so rather buy another crt i have decided to replace the 2 for TFT can anyone help i was thinking of widescreen ? thanks Chippy

SANTOS7 22:09 09 Aug 2007

click here

As soon as i get a little more money togehter i'll be buying the first in the list...

wjrt 22:22 09 Aug 2007
  ambra4 01:12 10 Aug 2007

Guys

Make sure that when you buy a 19” widescreen LCD that your graphic card can support the

Maximum Resolution 1440 X 900

A 22” widescreen will need a Maximum Resolution: 1680x1050 graphic card

You should check that your present graphic card has a setting that can handle the widescreen resolution size

Maximum Resolution for a 19” & 22” must be set to the correct resolution for the picture to look right which is 1440 X 900, 1680 X 1050 nothing below or above

It no point buying the display and complaining afterwards that the picture look fat and stretch and you have a black band at the top and bottom of the display; like so many posting I have seen on this and other site

I use a 19” widescreen and the picture display looks just as a 19” normal screen using the correct 1440 X 900 resolution

So buy a new graphic card and install it before connection the LCD display; that will give you the correct Maximum Resolution for the size of the display

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache