PC Monitor help

Hetti 11:12 15 Oct 2009

My 2nd PC in bedroom was working fine, i went out of the room and when I returned the screen was off and power button was red instead of green,I have checked all cables rebooted PC twice but still the screen remains blank. The monitor is about three years old.

Please someone tell me there is a reason for this and I dont have to buy a new monitor- lol

hastelloy 11:21 15 Oct 2009

Does the monitor work on your other PC and/or does your other monitor work on this PC?

Hetti 12:17 15 Oct 2009

Hi Marvin

I have a laptop so cant test it, I can use my sons desktop but it will be later this afternoon brfore I can do that.Will post back asap.
thanks

wee eddie 12:38 15 Oct 2009

The problem may be within the PC.

Have you tried booting in Safe Mode.

Turn the PC off > Turn the PC on with your finger on the F8 Button > Keep Clicking the F8 Button until you get a Bleep from the PC > with any luck you may then get a Black Screen with white writing ~ Sometimes this takes quite a while to load > chose "Last known Best Configuration" or similar > Start Button > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > have a look to see if there is a Yellow Shield against anything.

Hetti 13:50 15 Oct 2009

Thanks Wee eddie

Gonna do that right now
Ill post back

Hetti 13:58 15 Oct 2009

I just tried but nothing happens.
I notice both the cd drives flashing when I tried it
If that tells you anything

woodchip 14:14 15 Oct 2009

Power Supply as Dies on your PC thats how they go. That what I think without seeing it

woodchip 14:15 15 Oct 2009

Power Supply as Died on your PC thats how they go. That what I think without seeing it

Hetti 14:25 15 Oct 2009

woodchip
Thanks, if it is as you say is that the PC finished, PC is about 7/8 years old.
If that is the case is it better to call it a day or try to get it repaired?

David4637 14:54 15 Oct 2009

Try plugging the suspect monitor into external port on the laptop. Use FN+F5 (on my Tosh lappy) and it should show the same display as on the lappy. Its one way to check it. David

Hetti 15:00 15 Oct 2009

Thanks

I dont know how or why, as Ive not done anything except turn off /on at mains supply (I had tried that earlier too) but PC booted and is OK at the moment!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?