PC Locking up, Auto Rebooting and BSOD's

WalkerGames 22:56 17 Dec 2014

PC has been locking up and occasionally auto rebooting or BSOD'ing. Okay so I will list absolutely everything I know about my PC and it's issues. Everything I have tested and learned since this started happening. Things I've ruled out and things that it may be.

*I have tested RAM, fine *I have looked in my startup folder, empty *replaced PSU, twice *brought it to friend's house 3 separate times and left it there for days each time, worked perfect there. Even with every piece of my setup including the extension cord I use at my house. *Swapped GPU's, same issues *CPU temps are usually low and are not causing the lockups * getting normal voltage readings on my motherboard software *All Bios and Drivers are 100% up to date * plugged PC in in almost every outlet in my house, all do the same. * Voltage and wattage does not dip or spike before, during or after a lockup as I checked with multi-meter and watt meter * Lockups NEVER happen when running games for awhile. * tends to lockup browsing the internet or shorty after starting up Steam. *Will Not lock up on safety mode or safety mode with networking * It can lockup using 30W or 150W, seems to not matter how much power I'm using. * keeping fans on low decreases the frequency of my lockups * occasional auto-reboots or BSOD's * Graphics drivers occasionally do not load following an auto reboot or BSOD, sometimes games uninstall as well * Seems to be the hotter the PC gets, the longer it will run until a crash. * DxDiag showed no problems with anything as I posted above. *Eventviewer does not show any critical or error events around the times of lockups *only differences between my friend's house where it works and my house where it does not are the ethernet cable, houses power and the environment itself. *tested PC without internet connection, still locked up. *Ran 2 different virus and malware scans, nothing wrong in that department. This is all I know, What else can possibly be causing it to lockup? anything. Throw anything it can be at me, weird things, unorthadox things, things that are almost unheard of. I need this fixed, I have been without a fully functional PC for too long. Let's please solve this now. I'm gonna miss the steam sale. I cannot let Gaben down!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:57 18 Dec 2014

Will Not lock up on safety mode or safety mode with networking

only differences between my friend's house where it works and my house where it does not are the ethernet cable

try upgrading or reinstall the network adaptor drivers / try another ethernet cable / router

WalkerGames 22:10 18 Dec 2014

I said that I tried it without internet connected and it still locked up. I also tried a different ethernet cable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires