PC laughing but not the owner!

[email protected] 20:26 07 Feb 2006

My friend has come to me with a strange problem: His PC occasionally coughs, laughs even speaks "you are not alone"...I have scanned it thoroughly for anything malware but nothing. Would anyone know of a prank type program that do this? I have never heard of it myself, could the person who passed on the PC have installed it as a sad joke? Any advice welcome.

Sir Radfordin 20:41 07 Feb 2006

Have you checked the windows sounds are set to anything odd?

gudgulf 20:44 07 Feb 2006

If come across a similar sort of thing before...it is a prank program.

See click here

Try hovering the mouse pointer in the top left of the desktop (or the other corners as well if nothing shows).These programs often hide their control panel there.

Have you looked through Add/Remove Programs or the Programs list in Windows explorer.....the uninstaller may be there too.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:47 07 Feb 2006

It is a 'joke' programme. Check in the start up folder and use ctrl-alt-delete to see what is running. usually, if you move your cursor to the top left of the screen, a dialogue box will appear.

G

[email protected] 20:49 07 Feb 2006

Thanks for the link gudgulf, I would reckon you have it there. I will get round to see him in a couple of days and try to find it. I did have a quick look at ADD/REMOVE but didn't see anything untoward - but it was a fast shufti. Cheer. Thanks also Sir Radfordin, I will have a look at that also but I reckon the link fro gudgulf says it all ;-)

[email protected] 20:50 07 Feb 2006

Thanks GANDALF <|:-)>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?