PC Keyboard for games ??

  g4fne72 16:39 05 Jan 2006

Hi all ......... I've had excellent help from here in the past & i'm hoping you people can do it again.

I have my XBOX running thru my PC monitor & would like to use my PC keyboard on 2 devices (for PC & XBOX controls) without having to unplug from one to the other.
Is there an extension/splitter that i can purchase to enable this ??

Failing that ... is there a mini flat keyboard available that i can use for gameing only ??

Many Thanks

  SANTOS7 16:45 05 Jan 2006

click here
this the sort of thing ya looking for,hope it helps,good luck.....

  alexgray104 16:45 05 Jan 2006

Mini-Keyboards are available at computer fairs for about £5 and I have also heard of the splitters - but have no clue where to get them

  g4fne72 16:48 05 Jan 2006

Hi & thanks for response .... I have however got one of those on order. What i'm trying to achieve is to be able to have the keyboard plugged into PC at the sametime as the XBOX adaptor.

Any ideas ?

  g4fne72 17:04 05 Jan 2006

I should also add that ideally i'm looking to do the same thing with the mouse !!

  SANTOS7 17:27 05 Jan 2006

Keyboard+mouse+Xbox to PC
The item in the link says you can all you need is a USb to PS2 adapter....

  g4fne72 17:41 05 Jan 2006

Thats right, but you have to unplug from PC & plug into adaptor or buy a seperate keyboard & mouse. Ideally trying to avoid this.

  g4fne72 18:00 05 Jan 2006

I think i need a KVM switch .... anyone able to confirm this for me ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires