pc keep switching off and restarting

User-C4B729D3-D695-4687-9E02B8276823341D 13:15 29 Oct 2007

I have a MATRIX TITAN VISION for nearly three years , never had any problem till couple of months when my pc start switching off and restarting. At first i thought i had a corrupted hard drive and i did format the whole HD( I lost most of my valuable files) re-intall Xp home edition , hopping to have solve the problem. Unfortunately the problem was still there.I manage to go on mesh site and found that i needed to download SP2FIX for my motherboard to fix the problem(We have identified an issue installing Service Pack 2 on computers that use an AMD 64 bit processor. After loading Service Pack 2 you will be prompted to restart the PC, when restarting you may get a blue screen error 0x0000007E and the PC will keep restarting at this point). I have done what needed to be done as ask. I am still having the same problem again and again. My warranty was until august and my problem started in september.(It always happen)
Everytime it switch off, i get a blue screen which goes off too quickly for me to read it, its someting to do with error and discharging or something memories.
Has anybody out there having the same problem, can somebody guide me what to do next. This problem which needed SP2FIX has screwed up my pc and its difficult to fix.

please help

topdude 14:39 29 Oct 2007

Hi, i would say you need to prove if it is a problem with your XP install or a hardware fault.
First boot from the XP CD and do a repair install.
This will overwrite any corrupt files and return XP to Service pack 1. Run like this for a while and see if the problem has gone, if not start looking at PSU/Memory/motherboard/overheating.
If it runs ok try Service pack 2 again with the SP2fix and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?