pc hangs with black screen on restart

garby 18:50 27 Apr 2008

Need help. when i attempt to restart/reboot my pc it hangs with a black screen, doesn't matter if it is a software restart or hardware restart via the restart button, just stays there, fans are running lights on etc just nothing on the monitor at all. When shutting down normally it shuts down just fine, just no reboot!!!

I have a barebones pc package as of Dec 2007 through Novatech..specs are xp pro (mine already)
AMD Athlon 64 3000, 1 Gb of Ram, Nvidia 6100 Chipset. Mcafee internet security suite 2007.

Only thing i added to barebones package was OS and drives.

Can not find any resolve for the problem on internet searches.

All answers welcome and entertained, please offer some advice.

Steve.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:05 27 Apr 2008

Couple of things to check, first go into bios and make sure CD is not set as a boot device.

Second thing to try is a different network card driver, Dell in particular can have problems if you don't use the dell specific driver for the NIC.

garby 21:02 27 Apr 2008

Hi fruitbat, tried that. and still wont restart, also noticed that it hangs when saving and exiting the bios screen. so, i have to hold power button until shutdown and then start normally through power button again.

Cheers Steve.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:34 27 Apr 2008

hangs when saving and exiting the bios screen

set BIOS to default settings by using clear CMOS jumper or by removing CMOS battery for a few minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites.

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?