pc guard

lakeman 23:17 29 Dec 2008

hi all , i just signed up with virgin media broadband.pcguard being there antivirus.problem occured during instal, not sure what just didnt happen. it said the prog may not work properly please reinstal.i comtacted virgin and they said just reinstal. now on bootup i have three alerts telling me im missing files.but i cant uninstal pc guard nor reinstal it.files are "rps.exe" and "inhr.dll" also "im32fax.DIL". virgin sat the files are in there software but i cant instal it as isaid before..hope im not being confusing but any help much appreciated...

MCE2K5 23:54 29 Dec 2008

im32fax.DIL is part of Lexmarks Fax Solutions for your Lexmark Printer/Scanner.

MCE2K5 23:57 29 Dec 2008

"rps.exe" and "inhr.dll"
in this click here

brundle 00:41 30 Dec 2008

Don't bother with it, it's less effective than the more popular freeware products Avast, AVG or Antivir available here; click here
(Only have one antivirus program installed at any one time).

Add Superantispyware, Spywareblaster and perhaps a firewall if you think you need it from the same site.

birdface 14:34 30 Dec 2008

I agree with brundle.Remove it.There are better freebies about.

lakeman 01:21 31 Dec 2008

i did say the problem of pc guard was resolved but it will not uninstal. either with its own uninstaler or add and remove. apart from right click and delete , which may cause probs i cant think of another way to get rid of it. as stated its best to use just the one anti virus prog so until its gone am i best advised not to instal another antivirus progg

birdface 10:17 31 Dec 2008

I am with NTL[Virgin]For about 7 years and like you downloaded and ran PC Guard.I had nothing but bother with it.The best thing that I done was removing it And downloading some of the freebies which do a better job.But if you are happy with it just now just carry on using it.But remember there are lots of others that you can try when you feel like it.

brundle 17:58 31 Dec 2008

Just thought I'd post the thread with the removal tool you linked to buteman, may help get rid of PCGuard for `lakeman`;

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone