pc gone slow

jaygice 19:13 25 Aug 2003

this is a new pc running xp but of late its gone a bit slow done defrag and virus any other ideas

BarryKeith 21:43 25 Aug 2003

up

Tinkey Winkey 21:47 25 Aug 2003

Check your machine for Spyware etc by downloading SpyBot from click here This will speed you up online.If it's general computing offline that slower then you need to check what programs you have runing in the background which could be hogging your system resources.

mammak 21:56 25 Aug 2003

jaygice hi is it only when on the internet, because of these new viruses the net has been dodgy latley,but as The Pink Panther says download spybot nifty wee program, and adware
sorry not up on (click here) just type it into search, but failing that hang around, some of the the big lads and lasses will with out doubt help you out, all the best .Mammak

Tinkey Winkey 22:07 25 Aug 2003

Get Ad-aware from click here

jaygice 11:19 26 Aug 2003

i have got kazaa i think spybot and ad-aware will get rid of this will it not also it is only when i am on the net and changeing sites as mammak said it could be down to all these nasty bugs going around any ideas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?