pc games

great dog 07:02 07 Feb 2007

When i go to play rome total war it comes up too wide and off the screen.I have unistalled and reinstalled but its still the same.Also i play some dvd games from an external dvd drive,they load ok but when it gets to the bit were it says cheking disc it freezes up my computer!these games have played ok before seems to be a new problem.

xania 09:03 07 Feb 2007

Check to ensure that your Graphics driver is up-to-date and replace if necessary. Otherwise, please advise version of OS, size of RAM, Graphics card model and any error messages received.

great dog 09:11 07 Feb 2007

My system is windows xp,512mb ram,ge force xfx 5200 graphic card(i know its an old pci one but it does a good job)and intel pentium 4 2.8ghz

xania 10:31 07 Feb 2007

Have you ever been able to play these games successfully. The reason I ask is because PCI cards are not a fast as the latest AGP and PCI-E cards that these games are written to exploit. For example, what is the minimum hardware requirement for Rome Total War?

ACOLYTE 10:48 07 Feb 2007

It may be that you need to lower the game resolution as it is set higher than the screen resolution,or go the other way and higher your screen res to match the game one.
As for them locking up that may be due to the copy protect feature build in some dvd games,it sees the external drive and might think your trying to copy the game lol.

Blitzer 12:54 07 Feb 2007

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that game supports a wide screen setting - could it be that you have that option enabled? Try in the video settings in the game.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?