pc games

cahill01 13:41 04 Sep 2006

Yes i have just bought a new tower for my pc, my old one had xp pro installed, this new one as xp home edtion installed. Iam having trouble trying to play wallace and gromit pc game. Any help plz.

ACOLYTE 13:44 04 Sep 2006

What trouble are you having,can you be more specific?

cahill01 14:13 04 Sep 2006

i install the game ok, but when i launch the game to play it says - an error message ZOO_SSE_EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close.

silverous 14:26 04 Sep 2006

Do they have a website (I tried to find the publisher/developer's support site but couldn't).

How about updating directx and your graphics card drivers to latest versions?

Does your PC meet the minimum spec?

mattyc_92 14:42 04 Sep 2006

Try looking on the game's developer's site for some "patches" (updates) for the game. These are free to download and install.

cahill01 14:47 04 Sep 2006

No the website is just advertisement site for other companies. Can you tell me how to update direct x and how come ok to play on previous system??.

silverous 14:53 04 Sep 2006

Might've had different versions of various components (like directx) on old PC? Did you have same graphics card and same driver version?

click here

See "Get the latest directx here" link. Then "Continue" button, then "Download" button. Choose to "Run". Should be ok from there.

Also check you have latest graphics card drivers. What make/model is your graphics card.

I don't understand what you mean by "No the website is just advertisement site for other companies". Most games developers have a support area, but this one is harder to find than any I've tried before!

cahill01 15:18 04 Sep 2006

Can you tell me where i find out about graphics card has to which i have ?? Also would the old graphics card still be in my old tower??.

ACOLYTE 16:19 04 Sep 2006

Are you launching the game from a shortcut with the cd installed?

if so try opening the game with the main game icon in the game folder,also if you have a virus scanner running,and i hope you have lol,sometimes if the game need to access the cd to check its a legit copy then the scanner can sometimes cause this error it stops the check cos it cant scan the file.

If you download and install this click here

it should tell you what card you have as well as other things.

HTH

cahill01 16:35 04 Sep 2006

i checked out belarc advisor, its says standard game port - SiS Mirage Graphics Display adapter

Totally-braindead 16:39 04 Sep 2006

Please tell us the make and model of the PC you now have. I think the SIS Mirage you mention is onboard graphics and if so this may be your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?