pc game controls

morgueman 11:27 03 Aug 2007

Hello all, i was just wondering, i play several games online, half-life, doom,quake, etc. Is it worth just sticking with the keyboard and mouse for the game controls or are anything of these game pads for the pc any use?
Would appreciate your thoughts on this, thanks

morgueman

robbiepaul79 11:52 03 Aug 2007

I think it depends what you are most comfortable using, i have to say mouse keyb is very good and pretty standard controls for FPS games.

Pads in general are god quality yet you cant go wrong with a PS2 pad with a converter, really depends on the type of game i think.

You can always buy a top quality mouse and Keyb these can cost quite alot of money £50 each or so, suppose its all down to how seriuos a gamer you are and how much you want to spend.

The choice is yours

Totally-braindead 12:38 03 Aug 2007

It depends whether you like the controller. I'm a bit of a stick in the mud I suppose and since I've got used to the keyboard/mouse config I stick with it. I have a game controler similar to the Playstation ones but to be honest never use it.

Belatucadrus 13:07 03 Aug 2007

Also depends on the game, some have a sensible key allocation that makes play easy, others are ridiculously hard to play until you either reallocate key functions where possible, or cough up for a pad.

wolfie3000 16:10 03 Aug 2007

What ever you feel comfortable with,

But i would say using keys is better as it gives you more options,

Setup the game keys for each game how you want them, most games use the W.A.S.D. keys the most this is good as it means over time they become second nature to you,

The downside is that the key letters will be wiped off after a while from over use.

For me when playing games i invested in one of these and have never looked beck.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone