PC freezing issue with blank screen in different color each tiem with lines.

Sanotsuke 11:47 08 Sep 2014

I had this problem while playing archage (since it happens a lot more often on this game ) from the time span of 1 minute to 3 hour since im connected.

First off i like to mention that i had problems before this. With screen blackout(card reseting ) and returning and occasionally freezes while play marvels heroes 2015.

My spec was: Monitor AOC 29inch Cpu: i5-3470 Mobo: Asus p8z77 v lk Ram: 16gb ram (cant rem the brand but it different the oldest 800mhz version ) HDD: WDC 1TB gfx: It was Palit gtx 670 (with blackout issue ) Then i switch to Asus r9 280x direct 2 oc ed (fixed the black out but freeze still around so i prb assume it not a gfx issue for the freeze part ) PSU: i cant rem the brand (as im not home) but it either antec or cm 750w modular

It occure more often during gaming in archage (cry3 engine mmorpg which is heavy ) The only other games i had is PVZwarfare, and marvels. Only froze once or twice on either game. When it froze it either a playback of sound , or buzzing sound the screen will display yellow pink or white individually each time with vertical lines or squarish look.

What i had done or tried: I replace the gtx with the radeon one, fix on a new v8 cm cooler fan on the cpu. I reformatted the HDD reinstall window Did a defrag, chkdisk , memtest, check for over heating issue pike with HW/cupid. Even run burnit for a bit and nothing happened. Everything is green light.

Im at loose end to what could be the problem here. I assumed it was HDD Motory issue since that prb undetectable by software? but there wasnt any sound issues from the hdd so i assumed it not.

Lack power. i only had 1 r9 280x , im sure my 750w is more then capable of handleling it.

Cpu/mobo : well im worried it this ... since it expensive.

Ram: well their old.. everything was bought 1 year + ago (except the new cards )

Can someone help me =/ im at loose end lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?